Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Find My Past TV Show This Week

Hello All -

Just in case you are starting to feel the blues after the final episode of Who Do You Think You Are? on BBC last Wednesday, there is a new tv show to help perk everyone up.  It is called Find My Past.  It will premier on the UK tv channel Yesterday this Thursday at 9:00 pm. 

This new genealogy/family history series is different from WDYTYA? in that it portrays the stories of ordinary folks - no celebs found anywhere.  Another difference is that it focuses more on historical events and how a particular ancestor was involved in it.  This first episode is all about Dunkirk during World War 2.
One of the ones that I am looking forward to is the one about Jack the Ripper about midway through the series (I think episode 6).  That will certainly be a very interesting one to watch.  But, I think all of them will be good.

To learn more about this series and what the various episodes will cover just take a look at their website at:
http://www.findmypast.co.uk/content/find-my-past-tv/about.html  Also, there is a sneak preview on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaOPPVuwQA&feature=player_embedded

I wish this new series all the success and hope it will be a well received show by all.

Until Next Time . . .

No comments: