Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bee Gees Star Comes to Paisley for Ancestry Search

Hello All:

It has been a wee while since I have posted anything here on this blog.  It has been a busy time and not much time to blog over the past few weeks.

In the local newspaper there is an interesting article about the upcoming series of the UK WDYTYA?.
What has been drawn into attention as there was a mention of Robin Gibb of the popular 70s band the Bee Gees in the local paper about his appearance in the upcoming series.  It is not certain when the new series will be aired.  My fellow colleague and fellow blogger Chris Paton has also made mention of the series in his blog.
http://scottishancestry.blogspot.com/2011/05/robin-gibb-visits-paisley-for-wdytya.html

The Bee Gee's star Robin Gibb has been reported to have been seen in town doing research into
his ancestry (Paisley Library and Museum), in which he is to be one of the new celebs to be featured in the newest upcoming series of WDYTYA.  I can't say that I have seen him in town, but I am sure his appearance in Paisley would have been a stir and made heads turn.  To read the full article just see the link below.
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-news/2011/05/24/bee-gees-star-looks-for-paisley-pattern-in-his-family-tree-87085-28748580/

I look forward to seeing the new episodes when they come out (whenever that is).  I also couldn't say who the other participants will be this time round.  There hasn't been any concrete times or dates for it as I know of.  We will certainly keep everyone posted.

Until next time ....

1 comment:

HistoryMick said...

A Bee Gee spotted in Paisley. I like it! Have linked your post to mine for 29th at www.bi-gen.blogspot.com - hope you don't mind. Best wishes, Mick.