Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Golden Rules of Genealogy

Hello All -

First of all let me wish all of you a very happy New Year and I hope it will be a good 2010 for everyone. To get a good start to the new year, I want to touch again on sound family history research.

For my first post of the new year, I thought I would mention a great idea I found from another genealogy colleague online called "The Golden Rules of Genealogy" by Lisa Lee of Got Genealogy?. I thought this was a fantastic idea. I think that the "rules" given by Lisa are a good rule of thumb for all who wish to research their family history - it is simple and to the point.
You might even want to print these rules out and have it handy to look at when needed - especially when going out to do research.

I know that I tend to go on a bit about this sort of topic (sound research techniques), but I find that it is so very important - it is the back bone of any kind of credible research. I know that everyone wants to get it right when doing their research on their family, and you can if you follow good, sound research techniques. The rules that Lisa lists are easy to remember and follow, and once you get the rules into practice it will become second nature.

To view Lisa's "Golden Rules of Genealogy" please view her website at http://www.gotgenealogy.com/rules.html

No comments: