Saturday, June 06, 2009

Legacy Software Seminar Online

Hello All -

I talk a fair bit about technology for genealogy research. This post is no exception. If you are thinking about software programs for your family history and are not sure about which one is best for you, Legacy Family Tree has an online seminar on their website. This seminar gives an overview and tips and tricks about the program.

I have just started using Legacy 7 Deluxe edition myself, and after using some of the other program out there I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I have just newly received it, so I am still learning about how the program works completely. However, from what I have learned so far, Legacy is a very user friendly program. It arranges things in a straightforward manner (I was able to work with it without looking at the manual). One of the features that I really like is their book publishing report. The program pretty much does it all for you - you just can do some appearance changes here and there to suit your preferences and it does the rest. The book will create its own table of contents and index, which is really nice.

I am also a fan of Roots Magic, which is another very good and user friendly program. But, I think Legacy has got a slight edge for me right at the moment.

To view the seminars online just go to Legacy's website at http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/seminars.asp
They are in three different versions, so one of them will work for you.

No comments: