Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Genealogy Website of the Month

Hello All -

I had mentioned previously in my blog about hoping to put some new ideas into this blog. Well here is the first item. My Genealogy Website of the Month (this is just my opinion of what I think is a good website).

And the winner is.....
ANCESTRY.COM

I know that was an easy one to pick. Many of you probably already use this great resource. However, for those who haven't yet, I would encourage you to use it. It does cost money as it is a subscription service. But, they do offer a 2 week free trial. There are also a few subscription choices depending upon your budget. Because I work as a professional genealogist, I use the Worldwide service (excellent choice for those who need to find things in different countries).
Ancestry is always updating their databases, so you can always look forward to something new to look at.

Next month I will nominate another great website, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Colin said...

I have to agree with you on this one.I signed up for the 14 day free trial last week and was blown away by the resources available on the site.
I actually 'lost' Friday, Saturday and Sunday to the absoloute thrill of researching and 'finding' my relatives and ancestors!
I have enjoyed the free access to the site so much that I will be subscribing to the site when the 14 day free trial expires!
Great choice!
Colin