Hello Everyone -
Just a wee note to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. We thank everyone for viewing our blog, and hope that it has been useful to you. We look forward to the new year and getting new blog entries written up. Stay tuned for more to come.
I thought I would give some Christmas gift ideas for the genealogist or family historian:
1. Genealogy Books (these are always an essential for a family historian, sometimes gets
to be an obsession as we do love our books).
2. One of the latest versions of a genealogy program (these are really great as these
programs help in keeping research organized as well as creating family history books, reports,
pedigree charts, etc.). Some of the more popular ones are Family Tree Maker, Roots Magic, The Master Genealogist, just to name a few. It is a good idea to pick one according to your skills in working a computer program, as some have a higher learning curve than others (The Master Genealogist is more advanced to work with if just a beginner. A good program to start out with is Family Tree Maker as it is very user friendly, and is very widely available in most stores).
3. Buy a subscription to one of the genealogy magazines.
4. Buy a membership to a local family history society or national society such as the Scottish Genealogy Society or the National Genealogy Society (USA).
5. Buy a voucher for a day or more researching session at the Scottish General Registry Office in Edinburgh (New Register House), or other archive facility in your home country.
There are other ideas, but I just wanted to give a few off the top of my head.
Until Next Time/Year -
Carolyn of MGS