Saturday, October 14, 2006

Welcome to the Scottish Genealogy Blog

Hello Everyone:

This is the first posting of the new Scottish Genealogy Blog. I am hoping that this will be a great tool and resource for those who are interested in researching their Scottish ancestors. I am a professional genealogist who specializes in Scottish genealogy. I wanted to create this blog as a tool to help others who are interested in researching their family history, as well as a place where folks can get information and possibly ask questions regarding Scottish genealogy. I also have an great interest in computer-related genealogy too. The computer has really helped many people get more involved in researching their family history with all the sources available online now. Genealogy blogging is quite new at the moment, but I feel that it will become a great resource for the future.

I am looking forward to adding more information as the days go by. I will try to post as often as I can or as time permits. If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to let me know.

Until next time -
Carolyn of McNicholl Genealogical Services

1 comment:

Peter Moore said...

Hi all,
I admit guilt of not knowing the difference between Family History & Genealogy. Will be turning my attention to my wifes genealogy i.e. Malcolm surname likely to be of Scottish origins. I need to do some more research in Australia first before I can establish the link. Check my progress on www.moorefamily.org.au
Kind Regards Peter Moore
Newcastle, NSW, Australia